This recipe for Yellow Sheet Cake with Chocolate Frosting is great to have as afternoon tea with a cup of tea or coffee.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Baking time: 30 minutes
Yields: 12 servings
1½ a cup of of unsalted butter, room temperature
1¼ cups of granulated sugar
2 large eggs, room temperature
2 teaspoons of real vanilla extract
2 cups of all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon of baking powder
½ teaspoon of baking soda
½ teaspoon of salt
¾ of a cup of whole milk
- Preheat oven to 180°C and grease or spray a 20x30cm pan with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Cream the butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl until well blended.
- Add in the eggs and vanilla and mix to combine.
- Slowly mix in the dry ingredients and mix on low speed until just blended.
- Slowly mix in milk.
- Pour the cake batter into the prepared pan and spread it out evenly with a spatula. Place in the pre-heated oven and bake for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool completely before topping with your choice of frosting. Slice and serve immediately, if desired.